Table of Contents Hide
- Addition of New Language
- Display New Language
- Rearrange a Language
- Removing a Language
- Translations and Spell Check
- How to Change Google Chrome Language Back to English
- How to Change the Google Chrome Language on Mobile Device?
- How to Change Language in Google Chrome for Mac PC?
- How to change the Language in Google Chrome for Windows 10/11?
How to change language on google chrome? We are going to discuss this in detail in this blog. We have tried to make the ways easier to make it accessible for everyone. Language settings adjustment is pretty much easier to customize Google Chrome. This is one of the best popular web browsers that support various languages, making it easier to display the browser in preferred languages.
You can do it much easier if you want to change the default language on Google Chrome. We will inform you about “How to Change the Language on Google Chrome?” Let’s get into this.
Addition of New Language
Well, changing the language in Chrome is not complicated. It requires just a few steps, but keep in mind that it only applies to chrome Interface. You can change the default language to French, and all text within the interface, such as menus and settings, will appear in French. Let me add one thing here you won’t see the change applying to web content. We have brought all the instructions based on Chrome 90 or Windows 10 and Chrome OS. Later we will also discuss how to change a language on google chrome on iPhone and android. The user interface has slight differences in appearance, and you can use this method in the chromium-based version of Microsoft Edge. how to change the language on google chrome.
- Open the Chrome button, click the three-dot Customize and Control Google Chrome button in the top right corner.
- Click the Settings listed on the drop-down menu.
(You can also access the settings panel by typing chrome://settings/ in the address bar.)
- Select Advanced on the left pane.
- Click Languages listed on the expanded menu on left.
- Click the down arrow icon next to the language.
- Click the blue Add Languages link.
- You will see A pop-up window appears. Click the box next to the language you want to add, followed by the blue Add button.
- A new language has now appeared on the Languages list. Click the More Actions icon to the right of each language to reorder or remove as needed.
- Once you are done, close the Settings tab. All changes save and updated automatically.
Display New Language
Once you have added the language, then it’s time to set it as default.
- Navigate through Settings> Advanced > Languages.
- Click the down arrow icon to expand the Language menu.
- Click the More Actions button to the right of a new language.
- Click the box next to display in the language to set the new language as default.
- Click the Relaunch button now, which is displayed next to the new default language.
Rearrange a Language
Chrome also does rearranging a language. Select the three dots to the right of the language. Tick Move up or Move down in the drop-down menu. You need to move to the top if you see the language at the bottom of the list.
Removing a Language
If you have just changed Chrome’s interface language from English to another, you will see the internet content in its original language.
- Navigate through Settings> Advanced> Languages.
- Click down arrow icon next to the language.
- Click the More Action icon next to English and select Remove on the pop-up menu.
Translations and Spell Check
Here you will come across the additional options in the language settings in Chrome on the desktop for transitions and spell check.
- Go to settings > Advanced > Languages.
- Select the down arrow beside the language.
- Select the three-dot More Actions symbol of the other added languages, not the default chrome user interface one,
- Check the box beside the Offer to Translate Pages in this language.
If you want to have Chrome offer a translation for a language that is not on your list, then turn on the toggle for Offer to Translate pages that are not in a language you read.
- Choose from a Basic or Enhanced Spell Check.
- Chrome Web browser on Windows will see extra spell-check options for languages.
- Turn on the toggles for the languages you want to use spell check
- Also, customize the spell check by the addition of certain words.
Also read about: What version of chrome do I have?
How to Change Google Chrome Language Back to English
How to Change the Google Chrome Language on Mobile Device?
You can also add, remove and rearrange languages in the Chrome browser on a mobile device.
- Open Chrome on Android or iPhone.
- Tap profile icon in the top-right corner.
- Select Languages, like on your desktop, you will see the languages in the preferred order.
- Add a new language, tap Add Language.
- Use the Search or browse the list, then select the language you want to add.
- Tap and hold the lines on the left to rearrange the languages,
- Drag them to their new position.
- Remove a language, tap three dots to the right and pick Remove.
- To translate languages, not on your list, enable the toggle for Offer to send pages in other languages to Google Translate
- Choose your language, automatically translate the languages, and expand the Advanced section at the bottom.
- When you are done with the language changes, use Arrow on the top left to exit these settings.
- Rearrange, and drag the languages up or down to place them
- Select the minus sign in red to remove a language and tap Delete.
- Tap has done when you have completed.
- To change the translation for a language,
- Select it and pick Never Translate or Offer to Translate for it.
- To translate languages, not on your list, enable the toggle for Translate Pages.
How to Change Language in Google Chrome for Mac PC?
- Open system preferences.
- Go to Language and Region.
- Click the + button under the left pane.
- Add the language of your choice.
- You will see a prompt asking to use it as the default language.
- Open Google Chrome for Mac; you can quickly translate all websites into this language.
- Paste the address in the bar chrom://settings/? And hit Enter.
- Add your favorite language and click the dots icon.
- Tick the check box next to the Offer to translate webpages to this language.
- Now you can use Google Translate to change the language of the web page of your choice.
How to change the Language in Google Chrome for Windows 10/11?
If you want to change the language of the Google Chrome browser on windows 11/10, then follow these steps:
- Launch Google Chrome on windows 11/10 PC.
- Copy and paste the link chrome://settings/?search=language in the address bar and then press Enter key on Keyboard.
- You can click on three vertical dots in the Chrome browser in the top right corner. Go to settings.
- Type languages to find.
- You need to click on Add languages.
- Choose the language you want to convert and check the box next to it.
- Set the default language, and for this, you need to click the three vertical dots icon located in the language.
- Click on Display Google Chrome in this Language.
- Click on the Relaunch button to see the following language which you have chosen.
- Google Chrome will restart and select the language set as the default.
We have tried our best to change the language on MAC, Windows, Android, and iOS. These are the ways to change the Language of Google Chrome. These are quite easier and simple to follow.