Table of Contents Hide
There are chances when Google Assistant is not working. Make sure you know why ok google is not working on the Android phone or Tablets. You may encounter a few things that can make Google Assistant stop working. Here we are going to share some of the valuable solutions that can help eliminate the Google Assistant issue. Let’s get started to learn about these solutions to try.
Check the Android Device Compatibility
Every Android device is not compatible with Google Assistant, which could be why Google Assistant not working. The Assistant only works for specific versions of Android with other requirements. Every device should meet the minimum requirements to use Google Assistant
- Android 5.0 at least 1 GB of available memory
- Android 6.0 with maximum 1.5 GB of available memory.
- Google app version 6.13 or later.
- Google Play Services.
- Screen resolution of 720p or higher.
The android devices should be set to use a language that Google Assistant supports. It includes English, Spanish, French, Hindi, and Arabic. People can experience issues when they don’t update the app.
Stable Internet Connection
If you are searching all over the internet about my Google Assistant not working, then you should also figure out the internet connection. Google Assistant uses an internet connection and makes sure stable internet connection. You should make sure the device is connected to the internet via Wi-Fi for proper operation. If your connection works, open a browser on your phone and launch Google or another site. If it fails to open, then you have a connection issue. Restart the device, double-checking that you are connected to the network at Settings>Network & Internet for a better connection.
Enable Hey Google Option
Many people use Google Assistant hands-free with Hey-Google voice commands. If Assistant is not opened after saying this, you can accidentally disable the “Hey Google” option in the Assistant’s settings menu.
Follow these steps to enable Hey Google Option:
- Launch the Google App on your device.
- Tap More at the button on the screen.
- Select Settings.
- Click on voice, followed by Voice Match, to view the Assistant’s voice settings menu.
- Enable the option that says Hey, Google.
- You need to Say Hey Google in front of your phone.
- Google Assistant will be launched.
Retrain the Voice Model
Google Assistant can be challenging to recognize the voice. If Google assistant not working on lock screen then keep it in mind you can’t use the Assistant from your lock screen. An option comes with an Assistant to retrain it to recognize the voice. You can train the phone to recognize your voice correctly.
- Launch the Google app and tap More. Go to Settings.
- The select voice on the following screen and tap Voice Match.
- Under the Voice Match section, you will find an option that says Voice mode. Tap on the option.
- Now you should have an option saying retrain voice model. Begin the retraining process.
- Google app will ask you to say some words.
- Follow the instructions so the Assistant can better recognize them.
Check your Microphone
People who still can’t use Google Assistant properly should know Google Assistant uses your microphone to listen to the commands. Without a working microphone, the Assistant won’t listen to your commands and performs no actions. You should confirm the microphone on the device either working or not. Use the voice recorder app on the device. If the Recorder doesn’t recognize the voice, there is an issue with the device’s microphone. Don’t forget to check the android functionality test app to check if google assistant is not working on Android, or you may need to get it checked to repair the phone.
Permission Is Required
Google Assistant requires specific permissions to function the device. Those who need to grant the permissions before using the Assistant. Follow these steps:
- Open Settings and tap on Apps & notifications, followed by Google.
- Select the Google app.
- If you don’t see it, tap on all apps at the bottom to view the app.
- Tap the Permissions option to view and manage permissions for the Google app.
- Various toggles on your screen.
- Turn all these toggles to the on position, so the Assistant has all required permissions.
Remove other Voice Assistants
There are some Android phones come equipped with other voice assistants. If voice assistants can cause google Assistant so disable.
To disable other voice assistants, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings> Apps & notifications > see all X apps to find the Assistant in the list.
- Click Disable or uninstall to stop running.
If you see everything is working fine, other voice assistants are the main reason. You can disable it and remove it.
Disable VPN services
VPN can cause interruptions with Google Assistant services, and it can cause issues. VPN services always reroute the network connections and prevent Google Assistant from accessing useful information. Try disabling any VPN apps while using Google Assistant to see if it helps.
Enabling Google Assistant Notifications
People not getting notifications from Google Assistant might have disabled the notifications for this app on their phones. Turn the notification apps back on the phone. Turning this notifications option will fix the issue. You need to do:
- Launch the Settings app.
- Tap Apps & notifications, followed by Google.
- Tap the notifications option to view the notifications menu.
- Toggle next to show notifications are turned on, use the categories to change the types of notifications.
Clearing the Google Cache
If you are checking why my ok google is not working? Then clear the Google Cache. To fix the issues, you may face different challenges for cleaning the app data and cache files. Clear the Google app cache:
- Open Settings.
- Select Apps.
- Tap Google.
- Click Storage.
- Scroll down and tap Clear Cache and then Manage Storage.
- Tap Clear All Data
For people who have been using Google Assistant so much for their tasks, it can be frustrating to find it’s not working correctly. Do check whether the phone is compatible or not. Try out alternatives to Google Assistant as well to use on the device.