Table of Contents Hide
Google Forms are most widely used for lots of reasons. These are easy to use and easy to share with a clean interface. People can use Google forms easily. It’s an excellent tool for people who want to create surveys, quizzes, and any form. We are going to give you a detailed guide related to Google forms. Let’s get into this guide and understand How to Make a Google Form.
Create a Google Form
You have to decide now what type of form you want to make. All you need to do is to go to forms.google.com and login if needed. Choose the desired template in the gallery and start a new form from scratch or duplicate a previous one.
Don’t forget to know about how to create a survey in Google forms. If there is already a sample available, you can reuse it. Nowadays surveys are widely used.
Make a Quiz
Are you writing a quiz? You can begin selecting a quiz template or Blank quiz. Choose to make your form a quiz
- Just select Settings and then go to the Quizzes tab.
- Just Select the toggle button to Make this a quiz.
- Now can assign point values to each question. Choose either respondent can see missed questions, correct questions, or point values.
Quiz is also helpful in creating the survey and if you want to search out in detail about the survey, then search over the internet about how to make a google survey.
Add Question or Element
Google Forms are made up of questions, but additional elements should be added, such as images, videos, and sections.
To import questions and elements:
- Select the Import icon and select the form containing the questions you want to import.
- Go to the import questions panel and check the box next to every question or element you want to import.
- Select the Import questions button.
To add question types:
- Add a question manually by selecting Add questions icon.
- Type the question and select the Insert image icon to right of the question if you want. (Images can come from various sources, including your PC, camera, Google Photos, Google Drive, or a Google Image Search)
Question types include:
- Multiple choice
- Short answer
- Dropdown selector
- File upload
- Linear scale
- Checkbox grid
Just enter the response options for the question. There are options beneath question and answers for questions type where you can get the response. Add a description or response validation, specify which section should jump based on their answer.
Pick a Theme
By selecting the Preview icon, you can check the form, which will look like it to respondents. Select the Theme options icon. You can select the Theme Options icon. Choose a header image for your form, theme, and background colors. Select from among four font styles.
Check Settings For Options
Select the settings icon, which will give you access to additional options for collecting responses:
- Collecting responses
In the General tab, you can collect email addresses from people who fill out your form. You can set the form the email respondents with their answers automatically or if the respondent for a copy. There are settings to allow respondents to edit their responses after submitting the form and see summary charts and text responses. There are chances to stop people from responding multiple times.
- Presentation Settings
Go to Settings and then click Presentation tab, you can show respondents a progress bar to indicate how much form is left to complete. People who want to order the questions can check the box next to the shuffle question order. If respondents must fill out the form again, check the box next to Show link to submit another response.
Share Your Form
Once your form is all set, select the Send button and you will see a number of ways to share the form. Check the box collect email addresses to record respondents’ email addresses.
- Via Email
Send the form via email follow these steps below:
- Enter the recipient’s email address. There should be an option directly embedded in the email.
- Check the box marked Include form in an email.
Its pretty simple to add editors. All you need to do is:
- Select Add collaborators.
- Add editors by selecting them from the email address list if you want to share the form for other editors to edit.
- Generate a Link
You can send via the link to generate a link you can copy and paste anywhere you want. It includes a text message and a messaging app or chat.
- Social Media
Choosing the Facebook or Twitter icons on the new browser tab with a pre-filled draft for the social media network.
- Select the Responses tab; you will access a quick summary of responses.
- View individual responses or you can export responses to a spreadsheet as well.
Generate Embed HTML Code
Choose to Send via Embed HTML and specify the form’s width and height. Google Forms will generate HTML code to copy and paste into the website.
Add-ons for Google Forms
You can get different add-ons available for Google Forms in the Google workspace. These add-ons extend the functionality of Google Forms in all ways.
- Select the More icon to the right of the Send button.
- Select Add-ons.
Add images and Videos
- Open your form. Select the questions or section you want to add media to.
- Add an image.
- Click the image icon on the right side of the screen. Choose your image and click select.
- To add a video, click the video icon in the menu on the right side of the screen.
- Choose your video, and hit select.
Add Titles And Sections
- Go into your form.
- Add a title, and click the Title “Tt” button in the menu on the right side of the form.
- Add a section.
- Choose Add Section in the sidebar.
These are the ways to edit, create and customize Google Forms. You can easily use the forms the way you want. Do share with us how did you find this.